Junior QA/QC Engineer
At element^n quality is not an afterthought, it’s a way of life. element^n Quality Assurance and Control Engineers play a key role in each phase of the project lifecycle – from design through delivery – ensuring the quality of analysis, design, development, testing and the application of our methodology to our projects and products.
The QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and making sure that all the requirements are met and that the software works as expected. The system should be tested in terms of functionality, reliability, stability, performance and compatibility with external systems such as push notifications, social media, etc. In addition, he/she will be responsible for both manual testing and the implementation and maintenance of automated tests using tools such as Selenium, JMeter, JUnit, Fitnesse, etc.
- Analyze requirements and come up with a test plan to ensure testing quality.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Write manual and automated test cases.
- Perform Quality Control by conducting manual and automated testing to find defects and assure that the product meets design specifications and requirements. This includes isolating, reproducing, verifying and reporting defects, as well as implementing and maintaining automated tests such as Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, JMeter and Fitnesse.
- Effectively communicate and document all the defects discovered during the Quality Control process.
- Identify any potential quality issues and escalate immediately to management.
- Work closely with developers in an agile environment to ensure a high quality product.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in the software quality control and assurance field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux).
- Knowledge of automation tools (Selenium, JMeter, JUnit, Fitnesse) and automation strategies (data driven, keyword driven, etc.).