Senior QA/QC EngineerAt element^n quality is not an afterthought, it’s a way of life. element^n Quality Assurance and Control Engineers play a key role in each phase of the project lifecycle from design through delivery ensuring the quality of analysis, design, development, testing and the application of our methodology on our projects and products.
The QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan, executing the plan and making sure that all the requirements are met and that the software works as expected. The system should be tested in terms of functionality, reliability, stability, performance and compatibility with external systems such as push notifications, social media, etc. In addition, he/she will be responsible for both manual testing, and the implementation and maintenance of automated tests using tools such as JMeter, JUnit, Fitnesse, Selenium, etc.
- Analyze requirements and come up with a test plan to ensure testing quality.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Write manual and automated test cases.
- Perform Quality Control by conducting manual and automated testing to find defects and assure that the product meets design specifications and requirements. This includes isolating, reproducing, verifying and reporting defects, as well as implementing and maintaining automated tests using automation tools such as Selenium, JUnit, JMeter and Fitnesse.
- Effectively communicate and document all the defects discovered during the Quality Control process.
- Identify any potential quality issues and escalate immediately to management.
- Work closely with developers in an agile environment to ensure a high quality product.
- Perform Quality Assurance to make sure that everyone complies with the company quality processes and standards.
- Deliver in-house training, write documentation for visual automation, contribute to the company’s QA/QC knowledge base and perform other knowledge transfer activities as needed (such as coaching and mentoring).
- Help in improving the company’s QA and QC processes, tools and techniques; assist in standardization and continuous improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in the software quality control and assurance field.
- 3+ years in the field of UI test automation using Selenium or similar tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with, coach and mentor junior QA/QC Engineers.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux).
- Experience in different automation tools such as JMeter, JUnit, and Fitnesse.
- Experience in security testing.
- Experience in load testing.