As a Senior Software Developer you will:
- Analyze, design and develop technical solutions according to functional specifications documents and technical requirements.
- Maintain and extend existing application code and components.
- Deploy, monitor and support application code on production clusters.
- Assist QA staff with unit and integration testing of core application and components.
- Implement functional tests using JUnit.
- Prepare technical documentation.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes and best practices.
We are currently recruiting primarily senior candidates. Candidates with fewer years in the field but which have particularly relevant skills and experience will also be considered.
- 6+ years work experience in the software domain.
- Experience with a broad range of existing Web 2.0 development technologies tools and approaches. Understanding of the RESTful approach to APIs.
- Passion for producing clean, concise and maintainable Java code.
- Experience with Unix scripting (bash, ruby and/or perl).
- Leadership and mentoring skills and experience.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud technologies.
- Experience with NoSQL / schema-less databases such as simpleDB, CouchDB, etc.
- Database administration and performance tuning, in particular MySQL.
- Experience solving complex problems including performance related issues, utilizing operating system utilities, JVM monitoring and profiling tools.