element^n is seeking talented and professional Web Developers. Working in a team environment with Web Interaction Developers, Web Developers are responsible for the development of all client and server side aspects of web applications, including integration with client backend systems. Web Developers are in direct contact with the needs of the customer and deliver highly tailored and visible solutions.
As a Web Developer you will:
- Work with our cross functional teams of analysts, developers and graphic designers to translate business objectives into technical and integration specifications
- Develop server-side Java code which integrates with the backend systems of our clients
- Deploy, monitor and support application code on production systems
- Assist QA staff with unit and integration testing of core application and components
- Actively contribute status and estimates in the daily agile project management (SCRUM) meetings
- Ensure that our web deliveries remain at the bleeding edge of digital design by remaining up to date on web trends and technologies
We are currently recruiting for junior and senior experience levels.
We are looking for the following base skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of web application concepts, including the request/response lifecycle, session management and web application security issues (XSS & XSRF attacks, cookie security, etc). Java web application experience is preferred but solid experience with other server side technologies such as PHP will be considered.
- A passion for web trends, technologies and design
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize, and ensure that all deadlines are met
- A proactive nature with resourcefulness to identify challenges and propose solutions
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Listen to others and accepts input from team members, displaying a positive attitude and flexibility in day to day work
- Set high standards for own performance and appreciate each team member’s contribution to the project
- Flexibility to work with the client’s ideas and to create output according to the client specifications
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and changing demands
Senior candidates will have:
- 3+ years experience innovating with web technologies
- Experience with Web 2.0 techniques and tools such as cross-domain AJAX, JSON, JQuery, Dojo, Sencha/ExtJS, and Flex or other “Rich Client” toolkits is a plus
- Advanced experience backend development experince with Java (servlet container management, web services, RMI, distributed caching, etc)
- Unix scripting experience
- Experience with social networking APIs and design trends, such as integrating the Facebook Connect or OpenSocial APIs, is highly desirable.